Thursday, November 25, 2010

We give thanks.

We really have so much to be thankful for. I know so many of you that read this blog and have been praying for Lucy. At the risk of sounding like a broken record -- THANK YOU! You are high up on the list of things we are thankful for today.

Lucy barely slept last night. She would sleep about an hour, wake up crying and was very hard to console. Then after about an hour or so she would fall back to sleep only to wake up soon after crying again. Wesley was up with her for a while but she is very much a mommy's girl these days and I had to come in to take over. I hate that because I like for her to spend time with other people, especially her daddy and her grandparents, but it seems like in the past few weeks and especially since the surgery she only wants to be with me or be held by me. That's hard for me sometimes because I do have things I need to get done and sometimes I just need a break! But I'm hoping it's a phase.

I don't notice any difference in the swelling today but I'm with her all the time so it can be hard for me to tell.

Wesley and I were in her room late last night and she was just playing and not sleeping so we just sat her in the crib and let her play. She turned around, grabbed the crib railing, and just pulled herself right up to a standing position and then stood there bouncing, like she had known how to do that all along!!! We couldn't believe it. It's so crazy!! I mean, one minute they've never done something in their whole life and then they just do it. She never even seemed the slightest bit interested in pulling up/standing up, so I was really surprised. Of course, after that we realized that we needed to lower her mattress because she could just pull herself right on over the railing. So that is always fun to do at 12:30am when you are tired.

Here are some pictures from yesterday and today. Happy Thanksgiving!!!!



Today (11/25/10) playing happily in her swing.


Yesterday (11/24/10) with the balloons and the soft little teddy bear that Wesley's co-workers sent her! Thank you!!! She loves them.


Yesterday morning (11/24/10) sticking her little tongue out. You can see that one eye is more open than the other.


"Mommy, why can't I open my eyes all the way?"

2 comments:

  1. Erin, she has changed so much in just the two days I have been away!!! Her beautiful eyes are open and her swelling is way down.
    I will be praying for more sleep to come your way and her way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope y'all get to sleep more in the next few days. Lucy looks great! Her left eye looks like it's almost all the way open. :)

    ReplyDelete