Friday, November 19, 2010

Getting worse before it gets better

She is definitely more awake now and has started crying and it's such a pitiful sound. Her eyes are also swelling up quite a bit more and are turning black and blue. It's so hard for me to see her like this and know there is nothing I can do except comfort her. Just pray that she will continue to heal quickly and that she won't get too upset or be in pain.

Wesley may stay here tonight instead of me since I'm not sure they are going to let me feed her. We'll see how she's doing around that time, I guess.

4 comments:

  1. Oh Erin, I'm so glad you all have gotten this far and the surgery is behind you. My heart really goes out to you and baby Lucy, and mine and Gabriel's prayers are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erin, you are the best mom and Lucy is so lucky to have you...she knows that she is loved...and surrounded by her family....even babies can feel this support....and that will see her through it.

    and on the practical side, my Lucy (who's 14) has a friend at school who had a tumor removed from his brain when he was less than 2. So a super serious situation. Now,of course,there's no sign whatsoever of it...but, more interesting,he has no memory of it at all...and is about the happiest, most easy-going kid in middle school.

    Hope

    ReplyDelete
  3. The swelling and the bruises are steps in the healing. This too will pass. Breathe, little mama. Even if you can't fix her discomfort, just your presence helps her know she doesn't have to deal with this alone.

    Ann (Karen's aunt)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, it's got to be tough for you as a mother to see sweet Lucy dealing with this. Praying and believing that swelling will go down quickly and Lucy will be calm. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete