Wednesday, November 24, 2010

First full day at home

Last night wasn't too bad. She wouldn't nap in her bed yesterday -- she only wanted to be held. But last night she finally went to sleep in her bed, but much later than she normally would. I wouldn't say it was a great night. She was basically awake from midnight until 4am this morning. Wesley got up with her some, and I was up the rest of the time. I ended up giving her some Tylenol around 2am but I'm not sure that helped. She would fall asleep in my arms but as soon as I would lean over to put her down she would wake up and start crying. I think she just slept in her bed finally from sheer exhaustion.

Today she has been in a much better mood. I let her nap in my arms this morning and this afternoon she finally fell asleep in her bed just now. I am hoping tonight will be better.

Her swelling has gone down just a little more and she can open her eyes about halfway now, which makes her really happy. She still seems to be really mommy-needy.

I just can't wait until her swelling goes down all the way! I'll post some pictures soon.

Wesley's mom is headed home tomorrow so we'll be by ourselves for Thanksgiving. We're used to it because Wesley has always had to work the day after Thanksgiving so we've never traveled. I kind of like it that way, though! No stress or packing. We always go to Waffle House. We may get it to go this year but we'll see.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Erin,

    You don't know me...I am Shelly Hiatt's Mom, Laurie. Shelly sent me the link to your blog so I could pray for Lucy. I am so glad you all got to go home so quickly from the hospital. I am amazed that she is doing so well! I live in Birmingham, or I would be at your house tomorrow with a turkey and all the trimmings! I can't stand the thought of you and Wesley eating Thanksgiving at the Waffle House! I can only imagine how stressful you must be after all you have been through....but oh how blessed you must be feeling this Thanksgiving! You will continue to be in my thoughts and prayers...especially tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete