Saturday, November 20, 2010

That's our girl!

My parents are here now visiting. Lucy has been sleeping a lot today on and off. Wesley is at the house with his parents getting some much needed sleep after being with her here last night.

She hasn't had any pain medicine since 6:30am this morning but seems to be doing great without it. I really think that any crying is due to her frustration at not being able to see and the skin itching from being swollen. But when she has been awake she has played with her toys and even did a little "singing" and that made me so happy to see her being her normal self in spite of her current condition. What a blessing.

We're still waiting on a regular room (not in the ICU) ... but the hospital is full so there aren't any beds to spare at the moment. We're here until they have a room free. It's fine with me -- the ICU tends to be quieter and the nurses have less patients so I don't feel as bad if I need them to do something for us.

I'll update next whenever I have more information to share. The prayers are working -- we are so grateful to our Father in Heaven and to our friends and family who have been continuously petitioning on Lucy's behalf. What more could you ask for in life?!

1 comment:

  1. Saw the video! Your beautiful baby is going to be OK!! Praise God! <3

    ReplyDelete