Monday, November 22, 2010

I was busy loving my baby.

Sorry I haven't posted more today. Lucy has been super needy, which I don't mind, but it has meant either me holding her or me letting someone else hold her while I eat and use the restroom, so there was no time to blog. Or take pictures apparently because I think we only took two pictures today after Wesley asked me if I had taken any and I realized I didn't.

Lucy slept great (relatively) last night. She was waking up about every three hours and she obviously either didn't make a peep in between those times or I was super tired because I got to sleep during those three hours, too. It seems like the only reason one or both of us woke up was because someone was coming in the room. So I felt refreshed today.

Her swelling has gone down considerably. She took lots of naps today and she is just on Tylenol now, about every 8 hours or longer depending on her level of pain. I know when she's in pain when she's just gotten up from napping, just been fed, and just been changed, and is being held and is still crying or acting miserable. They took out all of her IV's which is so nice.

She tried to open her eyes a few times today, and I think she actually succeeded, but she could only do it a tiny bit and only when laying down. She still can't do it when sitting up. We're letting her sleep basically sitting up and hoping the swelling will go down enough overnight for her to open her eyes enough tomorrow that they can check her out and send us home.

We finally made it to a regular room on the floor today!!! Oh, regular room, how I love thee. Let me count the ways:

1. We can eat food in our room.
2. We can have as many guests as we want in our room.
3. We can come and go whenever we want and not have to "stay in or stay out" from 7-8am and 7-8pm every day while the nurses change shifts like we did in the PICU.
4. She only has to wear a pulse-ox monitor while sleeping and the rest of the time she is totally unplugged.
5. Therefore, she can now wear clothes!
6. We can take her around the hospital like to the garden and the playroom now.
7. Nice crushed ice machine in the family lounge. :)

So we are hoping she will go home tomorrow because all they are waiting on is to see her eyes and make sure it's all okay. I'm not getting my hopes up because I know it very well may be Wednesday because we are totally ready to go, but either way it's soon!

Oh my -- there is a SCREAMING child across the hall from us. I do hope this isn't an all-night thing considering it has been going on for about 45 minutes now.

I will just make the next blog post a picture post to catch you all up.

No comments:

Post a Comment