Saturday, November 20, 2010

First day post-op

Wow, just writing those words "post-op" are amazing. We are post-op now!!! No more waiting around for a surgery to happen and dreading all that comes after it. We are living it, and by God's grace and His faithfulness, we are doing great.

They decided last night to just give her Pedialyte and see how she did, so Wesley decided to stay with her and I reluctantly went home to get some sleep, knowing it would be the only night I would have that chance. So I went home around 10:00pm last night. It was so hard. Lucy had been pretty upset when I left the hospital just due to pain and frustration and probably hunger, too. I got in the car and just sobbed the 6 minutes it takes me to get home. But I also prayed and I felt a peace and I knew she was in good hands with Wesley, of course! :)

I slept until about 12:30am and then pumped. I set my alarm for 5:30am (at least I thought it was a.m. ....) and proceeded to sleep some more. Well, the next thing I know I wake up and it's 8:30am!!! I accidentally set my alarm for p.m. (duh!). I panicked! I got up and Clifton and Teresa were gone and I couldn't reach anyone on the phone so I was so worried. I just threw on some clothes and just as I was leaving Clifton came back and said he had taken Teresa to the hospital so that Wesley could get breakfast and that Wesley wasn't expecting me until 9am anyway. haha. oh well. I still rushed over.

A lot had happened last night. (This is all from Wesley's information since I wasn't here). They took her head bandages off, and she only needed pain medicine twice last night. Wesley said he got a little bit of sleep. When I got back this morning Lucy was in a good mood. I think honestly that the fact her eyes are swollen shut is frustrating her more than anything else. But they finally said I could breastfeed her this morning, so I did. I think that improved her mood like 95%. Afterwards she was saying "Hey" (her favorite "word") and sort of just moving around like her normal self. I had to go pump again since she only wanted one side, and when I got back she was sleeping like a champ. She's still sleeping now and by the snores I hear from behind me, I think Wesley is sleeping, too. :)

They think that she may go to a regular room today, which is great. It allows for more flexible visiting and just generally more flexibility overall. My prayer for today is that Lucy can get into a nice eating/playing/sleeping pattern and that the swelling will continue to decrease and by tomorrow morning we'll see a huge improvement I hope. God has been so faithful and everything we have asked people to pray for He has shown up in a big way. I don't know why I expected any different, though!

I will post some pictures of this morning. Her head looks a lot worse than it is because there is a lot of dried blood which makes it look awful but if you disregard that you can see that her incision is so neat and clean and it looks great. I'll post the pictures below, so just go bye-bye if you think they will bother you. :) Also, I look awful today, so just disregard that, too! haha.



















Giving her some Pedialyte this morning before they let me feed her.





Crazy, I know. She looks so swollen -- but it's part of the process so we embrace it!

2 comments:

  1. I am blinking back my tears as I read and write you this morning. You guys have not been far from my mind and prayers. She is so precious and looks wonderful especially for all that she went through just yesterday. Still praying!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!! You pump momma!!! Nothing more healing than the food God gave you for her! Stay strong! <3

    ReplyDelete