Tuesday, November 23, 2010

It's over?!

We're at home now! Surprised? haha.

I can't believe it. It's over. I mean, don't get me wrong -- she still has so much swelling and I know that the road to total recovery is a long one. But now we're at home where we can set our own schedule and we don't have to worry about being attached to five wires and weighing her diapers and trying to convince the nurses that 5 - 6 minutes of nursing on each side is completely normal for Lucy.

I think it's completely due to the prayer that was sent up for us. I've been astonished by how easy this whole thing has been. Would I want to repeat it? Heck, no! My baby has been in pain and been frustrated and I'm tired, but we had to do it, and it's over now. I still can't wrap my head around it. This surgery has been the turning point in the timeline of Lucy's life: pre-surgery and post-surgery. I feel like our post-surgery life has just begun, and I'm so excited.

Lucy's eyes are just barely open, like little slits. But she is SO happy to be able to see. She didn't want to lay down in her bed and nap today, so we let her sleep in the swing. I expected as much from reading other cranio baby blogs. But just now I fed her and laid her down in the bed and she whimpered for a second but then she just went right to sleep on her back, which is unusual for her.

Teresa is going to stay here tomorrow to help me while Wesley works and then she is headed home Thanksgiving Day. I couldn't have done it without her -- literally! She came to the hospital at almost every meal time and let me go eat by myself, even if Lucy was really upset or crying or whatever. What are we going to do without our Gigi? :)



Just barely peeking ....



Hanging out with her best doggie friend at home.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so grateful to the Lord for His mercy on you all as you went through this tough time. I'm praying, now, for a quick recovery for Lucy. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete