Sunday, November 21, 2010

A rough start to a good day.

Well, first of all, it's my birthday!!! Yay! I love birthdays (mine and other people's, but mostly mine ... teehee) and even though this year is a little different, it's not a big deal. I've gotten a ton of Facebook messages and texts from people, and I even got balloons and gifts and a ice cream cake that I asked for!

Lucy did well last night. She would wake up and eat and then go back to sleep, but she was a restless sleeper. I got about 2 hours of sleep total. She woke up this morning and she was not a happy camper. She was just crying and she didn't want to eat or snuggle. They said they only wanted to give her Tylenol so they did, but then she just kept crying and crying so they ended up giving her more morphine. She hadn't had any pain medicine since yesterday around 4:00pm.

One of the residents talked about sending her home today and I was like, "Excuse me?!" Not even 48 hours after her surgery? But I think he was saying that because they still don't have a regular room to offer us. But the other doctor, his boss, came in and said they want to keep her until her eyes are open at least.

My parents came by and Wesley's parents are still here and she's sleeping in her Gigi's arms now. I have hope that her eyes will open at least tonight or by the morning time. I'll update once that happens or once we get moved to a regular room.

No comments:

Post a Comment