Wednesday, December 8, 2010

A follow up visit to Dr. Wrubel

Sorry for the delay in posting. I can only blog when Lucy is napping or asleep at night and these days it seems like there is always something I need to do first (like eating, or using the restroom, or cleaning up the house) and then she's up from her nap or it's too late for me to blog.

The visit with Dr. Wrubel on Monday was very uneventful. They took a look at this little bump on the side of her temple and he said it was just a plate under the skin and that it would either dissolve or the growth in her face would make it not so noticeable. He wasn't worried about it. He also said we could wash her incision. I had only been washing around it, since Dr. Mackay said not to wash the actual incision. So I've started washing the incision and even before that, a lot of her stitches had fallen out on their own, especially the "knots" where it looks like they started and stopped the stitches.

She's doing great otherwise. She is into everything and I can't take my eyes off her for a moment's notice. I tried to feed her some table food today, instead of baby food, and it didn't go so well. I cooked a carrot and cut it up into tiny, tiny pieces and she put some of them in her mouth but then I guess she's not used to swallowing chunks of things and she gagged and promptly threw up the few pieces of carrot and the breastmilk she'd just eaten. Yeck. So I don't know what to do about that, other than to just keep trying. Eventually she'll get over that gag reflex, I guess.

Here's some pictures of her from the last week.




She likes to stand in her crib!


Before our visit to Dr. Wrubel Monday morning.


Mommy "helping" her stand up.

1 comment:

  1. Erin! She looks so great!! I'm glad the appointment went well and she's doing so great! Minus the throwing up :)

    I'll need to come visit soon!!

    ReplyDelete