Thursday, December 16, 2010

Appt. with Dr. Mackay

Yesterday we had Lucy's 3 1/2 week follow up appointment with Dr. Mackay. Again, it was one of those "drive an hour, wait, be seen for 2 minutes, and drive an hour home" type of things. I really am not exaggerating when I say we saw the doctor for about a minute. ;) He said she looked good and that she still had some swelling in her forehead and around her eyes. We have another appointment with him in three months. He also took some pictures of her head from the front and side. It was crazy to see the before pictures when she was only about 2 1/2 months old. She was so little!!!! Such a baby.

She's doing really well. She really is completely her normal self. She still wakes up about 3 times during the night, but I don't really care to do anything to change that. I just feed her and she goes right back to sleep.

I am still being a rebel -- when we went to Thomasville this past weekend, we just didn't put her monitor on her while she slept at night. Then since being back, I just haven't put it on her at all. It has almost been 90 days since her last apnea episode and they said that's when they usually take the monitor off. It's just impossible to keep a monitor on a very very active and mobile baby and during the night it was going off with a false alarm when she would wake up and move around. So I think we're done with the monitor. Now if we could just get her weaned off the caffeine, I think we'd have one "normal" baby on our hands. haha.

It was so nice to see so many people at New Covenant Church in Thomasville this past weekend -- and everyone said, "Oh, we read your blog and we love it!" It made me so encouraged to know that people were reading about Lucy and praying for her and keeping up with our family. I just want you ALL to know that words can't describe how much it means to us that you pray for us and that you support us. It is like a huge family.

I'll post again when Lucy turns 9 months old on December 27th! Until then, have a very Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

  1. Erin, so glad to see that Lucy is doing so good,, yall are good parents and I am so happy for yall that every thing is alright..She is so cute..I love reading your blog, and I can keep up with yall since we don't get to see yall much..keeping yall in my prayers... Hope yall have a great Christmas and a safe New Year..thinking of ya.. hope to see yall soon. love ya,, Debbie & Uncle Jeff

    ReplyDelete