Thursday, December 30, 2010

9 months old


Technically, Lucy turned nine months old on Monday, but since we just saw the doctor today, I will update her stats now!

She weighed 17 lbs, 4 oz which is much less than I expected her to weigh but the doctor didn't seem concerned at all so I'm not either. She is 27" long and her head circumference is 17 1/4" (I have NO idea how to gauge if head circumference is normal or not! haha).

The pediatrician was very impressed with how well Lucy was doing after her surgery. I also talked to her about my concern about Lucy's eating habits and she said just to take it slow and keep trying different things and that she would probably get the hang of it really soon. I hope so! They also tested her hemoglobin since she is exclusively breastfeeding at the moment and hasn't really consistently been eating solid food. Her hemoglobin was great, 13.8 or something like that, so the doctor was like, "No need to worry about feeding her iron-rich foods or giving her any iron supplements!" which is great because that is always the thing doctors seem to be concerned about with Lucy since she has been breastfed with some solid foods. It makes me feel good as a mom, too, because it means that I don't have to force Lucy to eat food because she's lacking in iron. We can go slow until she is ready.

She's been wearing her monitor today and doesn't seem to mind it. Only 10 more days to go! :)

2 comments:

  1. Yay! Glad to hear the good reports. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot believe she is already 9 months! Miss Lucy is just adorable & looks more & more like you Erin ... that mouth especially!! Hang in there with the monitor ~ it will be over soon, but meanwhile we will pray for extended grace ... and a supernaturally extended cord for Lucy's adventures crawling! :)

    ReplyDelete