Friday, December 3, 2010

2 weeks post-op

December 1, 2010 -- 12 days post-op


December 2, 2010 -- 13 days post-op and VERY happy!


"Hi! My name is Lucy! Ooops, I mean ... Salut! Je m'appelle Lucy!" (We're trying to speak a lot of French to her)


December 3, 2010 -- 2 weeks post-op. Her eyes look a little more swollen than usual but I chalk that up to the fact that she did NOT want to sleep last night and did a lot of eye-rubbing, too.


Soooooo. Here we are at two weeks after Lucy's surgery. I vividly remember standing in the hospital room and speaking with Dr. Wrubel's nurse PA, Melissa, and trying to schedule a two week follow up visit with Dr. Wrubel and thinking that two weeks seemed to be so far away. And now it's here!

Our visit with Dr. Wrubel is actually Monday because that's when he has office hours. I'll update after we see him.

Lucy is doing great. She really seems to be very normal. One of her stitches even came out by itself today. I think that's a great sign of healing since we haven't messed with the incision at all at the request of Dr. Mackay. He said we could wash around it, but don't wash or touch the actual incision until he has a chance to see it at three weeks post-op.

I got a little concerned yesterday when she woke up because there was a very hard dime-sized bump on her right temple area in front of the incision. It wasn't red or irritated and it didn't seem to bother Lucy, but it worried me a little since it was so hard and I didn't know what it could be (and since I only felt it on the one side). So I called Dr. Wrubel's office and Melissa called me back and said that she would talk to Dr. Wrubel about it in the morning and she didn't think it was probably anything to worry about. When Wesley came home from work he reminded me that Dr. Mackay had said that he put a plate in that area so maybe now that a lot of the swelling has decreased that plate is more obvious. Melissa called me back this morning to say that Dr. Wrubel didn't think it was anything to be very concerned about and that he would take a look at it Monday when we were in the office. So I hope it's nothing.


3 comments:

  1. She looks great. So so very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucy looks wonderful! I can see a big difference in last weeks picture. Continuing to pray for healing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for continued successful recovery! She looks great!! So happy!

    ReplyDelete