Thursday, August 16, 2012

Potty training, day 4

Today was sort of an off-and-on day.  We had a doctor's appointment this morning, so we took a break and put on a diaper.  Then we came home, and put her back in panties, and then it was out to lunch, so back in a diaper.  I'm not brave enough to do the public stuff yet.  Then when we came home it was time for her to nap so she was in a diaper for that.  After her nap, I put her back in her panties and I just stopped setting the timer.  Every so often I would ask her if she needed to go, and if she said no, I believed her.  Then eventually even if she said no I would make her go, and she would usually pee in the potty.  We only had one accident today and it was really silly.  I was about to put her in a diaper for bedtime so I said, "Let's go pee-pee before we put your diaper on for bed."  So she walked in the bathroom, and stood in front of the potty and just peed all in her panties and shorts. UGH!  So silly.  So I had to clean her up and the floor, too.

I think tomorrow I will take her pee-pee maybe every 30 minutes and see if she can tell me if she has to pee.  That's the only way I think I will be able to tell if she's really getting the hang of knowing when she has to pee and holding it long enough to make it to the potty on time.  Just may mean more accidents to clean up.... oh well....

1 comment:

  1. When I did Addison we her stay in non carpeted areas and put beach towels down on the couches and chairs she would sit in. I don't like mess. haha But I never set a timer. She was used to waking up from a nap dry and holding it for a while each time so when we started I would try and ask maybe every 30 minutes at first and then realized she didn't need to go that often so we began stretching it out. She got the hang of it very quickly but she was a little older than two and a half. Honestly, we tried it once without panties and when she started to have an accident she freaked out and didn't have one again. From then on it was rare and it was usually when she was playing and trying to hold it.

    ReplyDelete