Tuesday, October 26, 2010

7 months old


Technically, she'll be 7 months old tomorrow, but I had a free moment to blog, so I thought I would just give a little update.

I took her in today for a "shot-only" visit and a follow up to her little E.R. visit from this past weekend for vomiting and they weighed her and I think she weighed 16 lbs, 12oz. I thought I remembered that she weighed 17 lbs.+ at the visit before but a quick check of their records said she had gained weight since the last visit so I guess my memory is wrong. What else is new these days?! haha.

She's doing much better after what appears to be a tummy bug of some kind over the weekend. She is almost back on her normal eating schedule. I haven't been giving her any solid food since Sunday so we may try to re-introduce those in the next few days slowly.

Just a little rundown of Lucy these days:

Likes:
- "Crawling" everywhere. If you put her down, and turn your head for a second, she will have crawled almost across the room. She doesn't get herself all the way off the ground yet ... it's more of a inching across the room by pushing up and flailing forward. :)
- She likes to talk, and her favorite sounds at the moment are "dadadadada", "nanananana", and little whispers like "shhhhh". She laughs all the time.
- Chewing on the dog toys for a second until Mommy notices and takes them away.
- Eating carrot and pear baby food, although Mommy makes her eat other things like sweet potatoes, peas, and apples, too.

Dislikes:
- Having her fingernails clipped.
- Having her nose suctioned for boogies. :)
- Drinking her caffeine twice a day.
- Mommy taking away the dog toys. haha.

Only 24 more days until her surgery. I'm not looking forward to it, but in a way I feel like I've been waiting for this day to be here since she was born so there is an excitement about having the surgery over and done with and having other things to look forward to, like her first Christmas and her first birthday. And after all the times we've had to be in the hospital with her, having a planned surgery and knowing what to expect is almost a blessing. I also hope that after her surgery they will let us take her off the apnea monitor and the caffeine eventually. So those are many things to look forward to.

I will probably update closer to the day of her surgery. We have people that are set to give blood for Lucy, and then we have a pre-op appointment a couple days before Lucy's surgery. By the time Lucy is 8 months old, she will have already had her surgery done!

2 comments:

  1. It is pretty amazing to think that it's already going to be November and time for Lucy's surgery. You, Wesley, and Lucy will be covered by many prayers as that time approaches.
    It's neat to see the updated pictures as she grows...Lucy just exudes happiness! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just started following you. My son is the same age. God Bless your family.

    ReplyDelete